By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
This Statement has been prepared by MYJOBS Nigeria
MYJOBS owns and operates the website located at www.myjobs.com.ng (across desktop, mobile, tablet and apps and including any subdomains) (“the Site”). This Statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the Site.
In this Statement, any reference to “MYJOBS”, “we”, “us” and “our” includes a reference to MYJOBS Nigeria.
Users who log on to the Site but do not create an account are referred to generically in this Statement as “users” or “you”.
Users who register on the Site to obtain services offered by MYJOBS are referred to as “Registered Users”. Unless the context provides otherwise, references in this Statement to “users” or “you” include references to generic users and Registered Users.
2. Information Collected by MYJOBS
MYJOBS collects user information from several areas of the site without limitation, including the ‘Membership Registration’ area, which sections of the Site are most frequently visited, how often, and for how long. Data are always used as aggregated information, and may be shared with MYJOBS partners to provide them with information relating to how MYJOBS visitors ‘use’ the Site.
3. Collecting information on MYJOBS ? Registered Users
As part of registering with MYJOBS, we collect personal information about Registered Users in order for Registered Users to take full advantage of MYJOBS’s Nigeria. To do this, it will be necessary for Registered Users to provide additional information to MYJOBS.
Registration on the Site is completely optional, but you need to register on the Site in order to submit a job application. To become a Registered User you will need to submit some personal information including your email address. You may access your information at any time by clicking ‘Personal Information’ on ‘the Site’ after signing into the Site.
5.Storing your CV
Registered Users may elect to store their CV in their ‘Career Summary’ area, and use the CV when applying for a job. Deleting a CV from the ‘Career Summary’ area will mean it is no longer accessible to the Registered User. Deleted records may still be stored by MYJOBS in testing or backup systems for a period of time.
6. MYJOBS Profile
All Registered Users have a personal MYJOBS Profile (‘MYJOBS Profile’) upon successful registration. A MYJOBS Profile can include a CV, personal information, employment and educational history, contact details, minimum salary expectations, skills, preferred job specializations and locations. Advertisers are able to search MYJOBS’s Profile database to find and contact relevant candidates.
Registered Users can modify their CV at any time, or modify their personal, education and work experience details in relation to their MYJOBS Profile at any time, by going to the Profile area of the Site.
7. Use of Information Collected:
Collected information helps MYJOBS understand its users’ needs better, in order to improve its product and service offerings. Personal information may be used to contact users for the purpose of research, product development, marketing, or customer service, if the user has opted to receive such communication. MYJOBS may make personal information on CVs as well as other supplied information available to recruiters on a need basis where the intended use is to make available job opportunities to users. MYJOBS will not be held liable for any alternative use of such information by any individual or organization. User search activity is collected and analyzed and may be utilized by MYJOBS in the aggregate or in the abstract for a variety of business purposes.
8. Online Applications
Making an online application to a job advertisement on MYJOBS is a free service that requires registration (to become a Registered User). Job applications require users to complete mandatory fields (first name, last name, phone, email, location, year of experience and latest employment) so that the Advertiser can identify and contact the applicant. Registered Users have the option of easily applying with a saved CV and uploading a cover letter.
This information may also be disclosed to MYJOBS’s service providers and contractors from time to time who assist us to deliver our products and services.
By applying to a position advertised on MYJOBS you are requesting that MYJOBS pass the information to the relevant Advertiser. Any questions you have relating to a position advertised on MYJOBS, your online application and/or the status of your application should be directed to the Advertiser or their nominated agent, not MYJOBS. MYJOBS’s role in the online application process is limited to forwarding your online application to the Advertiser, and storing it on their behalf (if requested to do so).
9. Use of Email Tools
Upon registration, you automatically subscribe for our newsletters on some offerings e.g. Job alert, Career tip, preparation materials. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and promotional communications from MYJOBS, you may opt-out of receiving them by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the footer of our newsletters, communication materials
10. Opt-Out Policy:
We offer visitors to the Site a means for controlling the use of session information. If, at any time after registering for information or ordering our services, you change your mind about receiving information from us or about the use of information volunteered by you, please send us a request specifying your new choice to email@example.com.
To opt out of marketing or promotional emails, please either click ‘unsubscribe’ in the body of the email communication.
11. Shared information:
MYJOBS makes every possible effort to preserve user privacy; we may however need to disclose personal information when required by law or in the process of conducting our business transactions.
MYJOBS does not sell, rent, or lease user information to any third party, except stated otherwise (such as is in the case of CVs). While MYJOBS endeavors to ensure the highest level of standards with a similar respect for user privacy, MYJOBS cannot be responsible for losses or damages that can result from a third party.
12. Security of personal information:
MYJOBS takes every reasonable precaution to secure personal information within both its computers and its physical premises.
The security of your personal information is central to MYJJOBS. We follow global industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and receipt. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Myjobs Nigeria’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Myjobs Nigeria’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Myjobs Nigeria at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Myjobs Nigeria’s web site are provided “as is”. Myjobs Nigeria makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Myjobs Nigeria does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Myjobs Nigeria or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Myjobs Nigeria’s Internet site, even if Myjobs Nigeria or a Myjobs Nigeria authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
16. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Myjobs Nigeria’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Myjobs Nigeria does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Myjobs Nigeria may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Myjobs Nigeria does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Myjobs Nigeria has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Myjobs Nigeria of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
19. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Myjobs Nigeria’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.